Monday, October 15, 2007

Building Firefox with Accessibility on OS X

I wanted to check out Minefield on Mac OS X so I went about doing what I do in my Ubuntu virtual machine. I ran into a few snags that were a result of my own silliness. Once I created a clean profile and ran Firefox the right way on Mac it was all good. Here's a rough log of what I did:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/client.mk
cd mozilla
make -f client.mk checkout MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/browser/config/mozconfig

I created a .mozconfig file with debug options:

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/ff-debug
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
ac_add_options --disable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-accessibility


Then I installed some mac ports as suggested by the Mozilla docs.

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install libidl
* this installed glib-2.14.1 for me
sudo port install autoconf213
make -f client.mk build MOZ_CURRENT_PROJECT=browser


Running ff-debug/dist/bin/firefox crashed so I got onto #developers and Colin Barrett (cbarrett) helped me out. I asked him if my FF2 addons could be interfereing and he suggested I create a clean profile. I forgot about this, arrg. After creating a clean profile ff-debug/dist/bin/firefox ran!
Still no apple menu though a bit more chatting and Colin mentioned I need to run the the Mac way: dist/MinefieldDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox

Woohoo! VoiceOver is sorta working too, I just have to figure out why it reports Firefox is busy sometimes when it doesn't appear busy. I think HÃ¥kan Waara warned me about this.

1 comment:

Fastbet said...

I have not much time to visit many websites. But today I found this site accidently. I explored much information which is useful to my life. Thanks! La Liga Spanyol